Raise your hand if you’re one of those super moms who jot down your child’s every first. First visitors, first smile, first giggle, first time to the park, first time rolling over. I bow down to you. I’m not that put together.
I may not have a cute baby’s first book (although I bought a couple adorable ones before our daughter arrived), but I have found the secret to keeping track of special milestones while looking like I’ve got my sh*t together.
Let me introduce you to Chatbooks. Run out to the App Store and download this baby today.
I take a sh*t ton of photos on my iPhone that I never print out. This app is a two-fer, meaning a two-for-one in that it prints iPhone photos AND helps you with baby milestones.
Here’s how it works:
1. Open the app and click on that create “+” button.
2. Select the size and type of photo book you want. I’ve been getting the 6×6 soft book only because I like the consistency of my books and I’ve been using them for at least three years since my daughter was born. Once you’ve selected the format, click “create my book.”
3. The next step is to select where you want to pick photos from. I always select my photo book, as you can see below.
Then I just scroll through my phone and pick the pics I love the most. I’ve made books won as little as 25 photos up to almost 200, so be selective or go wild!
4. Once you pick photos and click “select” they will auto-upload into a book layout from which you can add, remove or re-arrange.
The interface is super intuitive and easy plus you can change out the cover, crop it of needed and title the book. I try and name them in a similar format like shown below, “Marek – Month 4.”
5. The last step is to order and complete your payment and shipping information. I’ve been doing this so long that all of that is pre-populated so it takes me less than 10 minutes to upload and order a new monthly memory.
Everyone loves them, and I love how I can easily look back and flip through a tangible photo book.
You do have the option in the app to add a caption to each photo, too, so you can get clever. I just don’t set the bar that high for myself. Lol.
Just to recap, I love Chatbooks because:
- The app is easy to use
- It’s super convenient to get mobile phone photos printed
- The book quality is on point
- Everyone asks where I got them, and they are genuine conversation starters
- I love having a monthly book for each kid as a record keeper (especially since I suck at writing down those first milestones but always capture it on my phone!)
- They are super affordable
Give them a try! Use this link to save. And be sure to tell me what you think.